Every person in the world knows what it’s like to just miss the mark. Maybe you got to McDonald’s at 10:35 AM, so you won’t get breakfast. Or maybe your DVR cuts off the last few minutes of your favorite reality TV show. Close calls can make anyone’s blood boil, when they leave you out in the cold.
Like most things in life, though, close calls can be a two-sided coin.
These examples prove that sometimes it’s better, and even life-saving, to juuuust barelymiss something.
2. This semi that wanted to say hey.
3. This shark trying to photobomb tourists.
4. This baseball player who forgot what direction the ball is supposed to go.
5. This pedestrian who’s never been happier to see a light pole.
6. This tripped up train observer.
7. This train enthusiast with little common sense.
8. This guy who may or may not have pissed off the person in charge of signs.
9. This minor crash that could have made conditions even icier.
10. This disappointed sea creature.
11. These skippers who skimmed each other.
12. This lucky guy who will make his delivery on time.
13. This woman sheltered by more than her umbrella.
14. These implosion observers who thought they were totally far enough away.
15. The driver who took things too close to the edge.
16. This ski fan who picked the wrong time to leave the slopes.
17. This trio of friends who might consider jay walking next time.
18. …until they see what happened with this impatient jay walking woman.
19. This nearly flattened beach bum.
20. This wipe out that almost got a little too gnarly.
21. This bit of arboreal luck.
22. This guy who doesn’t seem to understand how ice works.
This must be what it’s like to be that one character who survives the Final Destination movies.
Share all the crazy close calls with your friends using the button below.