She Ping is a beekeeper that is dedicated to his business of raising bees and selling honey. He is so dedicated, in fact, that he was willing to cover himself in thousands of bees to generate some buzz.
What you’re about to see is equal parts horrifying and awesome. This man’s honey has to be incredible.
- To generate interest in his honey, She Ping decided to bee beard.
- Bee bearding is actually a fairly common practice around the world.
- It’s especially popular in the city of Chongqing in southwestern China, where She Ping is from.
- It starts by placing the queen bee in a small cage on the person’s body…
- Then, the rest of the bee colony will swarm, covering the person.
- She Ping only had a plastic bag protecting his head.
- The thousands of bees that covered him weighed about 100lbs.
- “To be honest, I felt very nervous, but I do it to promote my honey.”
- Before interacting with the bees, She showered down, removing the scents from his body.
- He didn’t want to give the bees any reason to be excited.
- Afterwards? Not a scratch on him.
Hopefully he sold lots of honey that day. Unfortunately, his gigantic bee beard fell short of the world record. His bees weighed more than 100lbs, but the record goes to Vipin Seth, who wore bees that weighed a total of 135lbs.
Whether She Ping has crazy dedication or he is just crazy, his feat is worth sharing.